Here is a post to share a recipe for slow cooked chicken by Miranda Kerr, noted on the KORA Organics Spread the Light blog 🕊 I often cook for my mum and younger brother Chris and although I enjoy plant based recipes a lot and try to create and cook plant based recipes as much as possible, the chicken recipe by Miranda Kerr is so lovely and nourishing and is made with a lot of healthy and nurturing ingredients, including coconut oil, turmeric, rosemary, onions and garlic 🌸 the recipe is a slow cook recipe, where the chicken is quite carefully made and is cooked for about 4 hours, and you can also make roast vegetables and green vegetables to eat with the chicken too.
Miranda’s slow roasted chicken
I love cooking for my family – this dish has been a speciality of mine for years and everyone seems to love it… enjoy!
- 1 Whole organic (or free range) chicken
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 onions
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 whole lemon
- 3 tablespoons Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan Rock Salts
- 3 tablespoons BRAGGS Liquid Aminos
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C
- Rinse the chicken
- Place chicken in a crock-pot breast facing down
- Add whole garlic and cut onions in quarters and place loose through the crock-pot and also inside the chicken
- Add the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to the pot, (be generous with the coconut oil it has many health benefits from maintaining cholesterol levels to aid proper digestion)
- Add the turmeric, BRAGGS Liquid Aminos and squeeze the juice of the lemons over the chicken. Sprinkle the salt all over the chicken skin
- Put the rosemary whole in the crock-pot
- Put the lid on the pot and put in the oven
- Hourly check on the chicken making sure you spoon the juices over the chicken
- Slow roast for 4 hours keeping the oven on 150°C
- Check your chicken is cooked throughout and for the last 30 mins take the lid off the pot to brown and crisp the skin on your chicken. Let it rest for 10 minutes prior to serving.
My slow roasted chicken tastes amazing served with oven roasted vegetables.
Roasted Vegetables Ingredients
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion (cut in quarters)
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 1 Butternut pumpkin
- 1 Sweet potato
- 2 Teaspoon Himalayan Rock Salts
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 Teaspoon herbamare
Roasted Vegetables Method
Place all your vegetables in an oven proof dish, add in the coconut oil, rosemary and sprinkle over with the salt and herbamare.
Place in the oven at 150°C for 60 – 80 minutes
Tip: Make sure you cut all your pieces similar in sizing so they all cook evenly. I also turn the oven up to 180°C for the last 10 minutes (after I take the chicken out to rest) so they’re nice and crisp on the outside.
Have you tried a cooking or baking recipe by Miranda Kerr before too?
Photo credits: photo of Miranda Kerr, found on Pinterest
Sources: Miranda Kerr’s slow roasted chicken recipe, found on the KORA Organics Spread the Light blog
Please note: I also wrote an earlier blog post about organic skincare by KORA Organics, the KORA Organics noni radiant eye oil, the KORA Organics rose quartz luminizer, the KORA Organics noni glow face oil, the KORA Organics balancing rose mist, the KORA Organics cream cleanser, the KORA Organics turmeric face mask, the KORA Organics clay purifying mask, KORA Organics noni glow skinfood, the KORA Organics soothing moisturiser and the KORA Organics rose quartz heart in case you would also like to read a couple more blog posts about a couple more beautiful KORA Organics products (please check the links) 🕊🌸
Disclaimer: please note the blog post is not sponsored, endorsed by or affiliated with KORA Organics by Miranda Kerr, I just enjoy and appreciate making the chicken recipe noted on the KORA Organics blog so much.